AIR PRO and AIR PRO PITOT
AIR PRO and AIR PRO PITOT, the new borns in DIGIFLY that represent the natural evolution of the Air series.
Entirely designed, engineered and manufactured in Italy, AIR PRO and AIR PRO PITOT are equipped with the most technologically advanced processors and sensors, including a noise-proof 99-channel GPS updated 10 times per second, a brand new Bluetooth module BLE / SPP for allow simplified interactivity with smartphones and tablets. The ultimate in avionics sensors, tested for the harshest temperatures and conditions, always ready to be shared on your network.
A PRO instrument that helps you from the first flights, ranging from basic pre-sets to the most extreme customization of all functions.
The ‘Thermal Tutor‘ with autozoom is a revolutionary function that is of great help in centering the thermal as it draws the thermal trace on the plotter with a variable thickness line: thinner in descent and thicker in ascent. In this way it is very simple and intuitive to find the “heart” of the thermal.
It is important to note that the AIR PRO models have a variometer that has been manufactured around an inertial platform unique in the world, composed of 10 sensors (a barometric capsule, 3 accelerometers, 3 magnetometers and 3 gyroscopes) designed to cancel all effects of inertia and imprecision that afflict the instruments currently on the market. This system is equipped with a Self-Adaptive Sensitivity that automatically modulates the sensitivity according to the type of conditions: increasing it in weak conditions and decreasing it in strong or turbulent conditions. This allows to obtain a variometer with very high sensitivity, instantaneous in the response but at the same time fluid and immune to turbulence and very sensitive in weak conditions thanks to its pre-thermal function.
Furthermore, unlike traditional variometers based only on the pressure sensor, it is not affected by false indications due to accelerations as in the case in which the pilot exits downwind of the thermal (where the traditional vario incorrectly indicate a lift).
The AIR models have a high visibility display in grayscale, with a new graphic layout that facilitates the visualization and management of 5D tasks.
The 5D (Digifly trade mark), is based on an ingenious graphic concept that comes from the fusion of the 3D and 2D visualization and allows the pilot to check his situation during the task with a glance; but also those who do not compete, with this screen will be able to have an immediate idea of the efficiency cone necessary to reach the nearest landing.
The pages of the AIR models are completely customizable thanks to the Air Pages software for PC and Mac. This software has been designed to offer maximum ease of use and designing a screen according to your taste is elementary and intuitive. The AIR models offer their user three ‘factory’ screens (deliberately not editable) and the choice between one or more of the ten ‘user’ screens.
The new AirTools software is also available for the complete management of the instrument such as downloading tracks, inserting waypoints, routes, sound profiles, etc …
The communication functions are:
1) Bluetooth transmission of high-speed Digifly Telemetry data in real time to smartphone or tablet in flight
2) Bluetooth communication with the XCSOAR cartographic program for flight management.
3) Bluetooth communication with the XCTRACK map program for flight management.
4) Bluetooth communication with the LK8000 cartographic program for flight management.
5) Bluetooth communication with smartphone or tablet for in-flight LiveTracking management.
6) Bluetooth communication with the GpsDump program for Android installed on a smartphone or tablet to carry out the wireless management of the track download and waypoint loading / unloading operations.
The Digifly AIR PRO PITOT model integrates the Pitot tube sensor.
It is possible to request at the time of purchase, the installation of the optional GSM-GPRS module for the Live Tracking function, although this is not essential because the Digifly tool through the integrated 4th generation Bluetooth processor is able to communicate with any portable device such as a Smartphone on which the free XC Soar or GpsDump app is installed that communicate directly with the Live Tracking servers.
The complete, lean and fast internal management program of the AIR tools, derives from the know-how acquired by Digifly in years of competitions, and offers a block menu that facilitates the use of the tool, the insertion of waypoints and the setting of tasks. .
For the whole AIR series you can download, free of charge from the internet, the aeronautical maps with the indication of the 3d airspace (CTR) and the maps with the digital elevations of the terrain, which will be shown in gray scale on the detailed display of the instrument. .
The high resolution of the display, the large availability of internal memory and the excess of computing power, allow you to listen and put into practice all the suggestions that come from its users and as for all Digifly tools, all these firmware updates they will give its pilots a state-of-the-art instrument at no cost.
- Link to the Digifly AirUpdater program to be used to update the firmware:
- PC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirUpdater_1.2.0_setup.zip
- MAC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirUpdater_1.2.0_OSX.zip
- Link to the Digifly AirTools to be used for all instrument functions except screen customization:
- PC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirTools_2.4.0_setup.zip
- MAC version: https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirTools_2.3.8_OSX.zip
- Wiki Airtools documentation : https://www.miubyte.com/digifly/wiki/doku.php?id=digifly_airtools
- Link to the Digifly AirPages to be used for pages customization:
- PC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirPages_1.1.3_setup.zip
- MAC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/AirPages_1.2.0_OSX.zip
- Link to GpsDump :
- PC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/GpsDump537.zip
- MAC version : https://www.digifly.com/wp-content/uploads/GpsDumpMac052.zip
- Android version : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stein.sorensen
- Link to the driver FTDI for USB cable : https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- Link to Youtube Digifly channel:
- Digifly Aviation Instruments video channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/DigiflyAviationInstruments/videos
- Digifly USA video channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/DigiflyUSA/videos
- “Pre-Termica Digifly” function: https://youtu.be/_lxWGqWM02U
- “Thermal Tutor Digifly” function: https://youtu.be/pU5Y0FRZxfo
- Official Facebook Digifly : https://www.facebook.com/DigiflyEurope
- Link to “Digifly AIR users group”
- Link to customized pages : https://www.digifly.com/Pages.zip
- Link to some Italian 3D maps